We all want to look and feel our best. What’s more we live in a youth obsessed culture. Beauty, however, starts from within. The foods we eat, the way we treat our bodies physically and mentally contribute to the way we look.
Below is a list of foods that can help you look and feel years younger.
- Water-rich fruits and vegetables like grapefruit, watermelon, tomato and cucumber help to keep the skin smooth and clear; and these foods are known for keeping off weight.
- Goji berries and Lutein promote healthy collagen production. Collagen is a part of the connective tissue that in the skin helps in firmness, suppleness and constant renewal of skin cells. Collagen is skin elasticity.
- Almonds help our brain and memory. They contain phenylalanine, which is a chemical that has been shown to work in conjunction with our cognitive processes and supports healthy neurological function.
- Seasonal berries like blueberries, blackberries and strawberry are high in antioxidants. Blueberries, in particular, contain compounds that lessen inflammation and oxidative damage, which are associated with age-related deficits in the body.
- Red peppers and Brussels sprouts are packed with vitamin C. Researchers have seen fewer wrinkles in people with higher vitamin C intake. Vitamin C is essential for collagen synthesis.M ost people think citrus fruit like is the way to go to get your vitamin C. Did you know that red bell peppers have three times as much vitamin c as an orange and 1 cup of Brussels sprouts have 96 mg of vitamin C?
- The good oils in avocado have been shown to fight cell damaging molecules.