1 Protein Serving/ 2 Vegetable/ 4 Portions
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ English cucumber, quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup packed fresh parsley leaves
In a medium saucepan, bring quinoa and 1 cup salted water to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until water has been absorbed and quinoa is tender, 11–13 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl and cool to room temperature.
To quinoa, add vinegar, oil, cucumber, scallions, and parsley: season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine. Serve at room temperature or chilled.