4 Protein Servings/ 4 Portions
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 piece ginger (½ inch) peeled
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 8 skinless, bone in chicken thighs (about 3 lb.)
- ½ teaspoon salt.
Combine all ingredients except the chicken. In a food processor and blend until smooth. Pierce chicken all over with knife. Coat the chicken evenly with blended spices and place in zip lock bag. Seal and chill overnight or up to 24 hours. Coat a grill rack with cooking spray and preheat grill to high. Remove chicken from marinade of spices and season with salt. Grill 12 minutes, turning once. Reduce heat to medium and grill 12–15 minutes more flipping once, until thighs are no longer pink inside and thermometer inserted in thickest part reads 170 degrees.