1 Protein Serving/ 2 Vegetable/ 4 Portions
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ English cucumber, quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup packed fresh parsley leaves
In a medium saucepan, bring quinoa and 1 cup salted water to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until water has been absorbed and quinoa is tender, 11–13 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl and cool to room temperature.
To quinoa, add vinegar, oil, cucumber, scallions, and parsley: season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
1 Vegetable/ 6 Portions
- 3 cups chopped or torn rinsed kale
- ½ ripe avocado (sliced or diced)
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tomato (diced)
- ½ red onion (medium dice)
- 1 medium red or yellow pepper (chopped)
Place kale, avocado, lemon juice and salt in a large bowl and mix well with hands. Stir in tomato, onion and pepper. Refrigerate for 15–30 minutes before serving.
3 Protein Servings/ 3 Portions
- 1 pound plum, beefsteak, or cherry tomatoes
- (or a combination), cored and sliced ¼ inch thick
- 3/4 pound fresh mozzarella, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 3/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- Maine sea salt and freshly cracked pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, preferably extra virgin
Arrange tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil leaves in an alternating pattern on a large serving platter. Sprinkle with Maine sea salt and pepper, drizzle with oil.